Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Window Shopping: Drawers Open!



The safest way to keep me from spending money in a thrift store is to simply bar  me from entry. But who says I can't peruse the windows, especially if they're showcasing the wares at one of my favorite haunts in New York City, Vintage Thrift.




I wasn't planning on walking by Vintage Thrift this morning, but when I did, how could I not be mesmerized by its windows: the bright vintage typewriter, the carousel holding stamps, the school grade cards and the old metal desk lamps?




But wait, the drawers are open! Just take a peek at all those old vintage desk supplies inside. It's as if this desk was picked up from a school in the late 1960s and placed right in the window.


For some off-duty reading for this teacher (or principal), there's a comic book, a deck of cards and a MAD magazine.


And finally, there's a peek into the school yearbook with one of the funniest headlines I've ever seen, "Track Team Struck by Ill Luck."

But for me, today was a very lucky day!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Love that window display. Every detail! Thanks for sharing it Stan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin