Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Meet the Muppets


Oh yes! It is I, right between Bert and Ernie!

Taken back in the early 1990s when I was an editor at the now defunct Children's Business at Fairchild Publications, this Polaroid image take me back the day of wide ties and (eek) pleated pants. While I'm usually pretty astute at remembering why and what I was wearing at the time of a photo, these choices have me completely at a loss for explanation.

Do take into consideration, though,  that this was taken just before the concept of flat-front trousers picked up in the mid-to-late '90s. It was also the first time goatees became popular after a long respite, but before the days we had the correct tools to keep them neat and trimmed. I do remember those fancy Giorgio Armani glasses that came with clip-on sunglasses, which, by the way I lost and replaced three or four times. And wow! I really did have hair. See for yourself!

As for Bert and Ernie, Bert still has his unibrow, and they both have hipster 'dos, high on the top and sheered on the sides. And to this day, these two Muppets still show their stripes, both vertically and horizontal. Thank goodness some things never change.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin