Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Spittin' Image



One of the best jobs I ever had was one that definitely put me on a specific career path that I was only aware of later in life. At the age of 15, I began working in a vintage photography studio, Spittiin' Image, at Kansas City's amusement park, Worlds of Fun. At that young age (and with a full head of hair), I had no idea that one day my love for fashion would merge with my passion for all things old.

Fun was the key word, since no matter how high the mercury rose, how smelly the costumes became or the number of double shifts I pulled a week, I never, ever once felt like I was working.

So when I gaze upon this sepia toned, faux tin type of myself at about the age of 17, I remind myself that whatever I do to make a living must reap more than a paycheck. And I remind myself to maintain a healthy balance between what I must do and what I desire without letting the dollar signs cloud my vision.

So what will I be doing this summer?

Something FUN!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin