Friday, December 27, 2013

The Gift of Thrift: A Dolly Dollar

Photograph by Stan Williams

The talent for giving the gift of thrift only requires practice and a keen eye, such as the one that my sister possesses. She told me the story of a recent trip to a thrift shop in Southern Missouri where she spied this 1991 Dolly Dollar from Dollywood hiding in the corner of a display case. She asked the shop owner how much she wanted for this more-than-two-decades-old piece of paper, and since it didn't have a price tag on it, it was up for grabs for a mere $2.

 I've been a Dolly Parton fan since childhood, so this gift was a perfect choice for me. Believe me, I won't be spending this dollar any time soon!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin