Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Object of My Desire: A Shiny New Year

When I go back home to Independence, Missouri, to celebrate Christmas, can always count on my parents' tree to be covered with memories in the form of ornaments my sister and I made when we were kids. There are sequined Santa boots, beaded Christmas trees and all sorts of satiny sparklers dangling from its branches. And next to the tree by the fireplace hang the stockings we made when we were in grade school. No matter the economy or the mood of the year gone by, they are always stuffed over capacity, often so abundant that they slide off their hooks to a pillowy thud.

May your new year be filled with health, prosperity and happiness!

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this Stan. I am so glad you were able to head 'home' for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a wonderful, relaxing visit! Xxxx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Stan. I hope yours will be bright and sunny, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. At school, I know the handmade ornaments made by the children will be cherished and are priceless.
    Happy new year to all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin