Friday, January 18, 2013

The Gift of Thrift: Lincoln Logs



When I hit the thrift stores, I usually have a mission in mind, whether I'm styling a space or shopping for gifts. But this time when I wandered into Vintage Thrift, one of my favorite New York City thrift haunts, I was just browsing. And as you can tell, I browsed right on over to this box of Playskool Lincoln Logs from 1989 and snapped them up for $5.


Once I was on the sidewalk, I realized what a great gift this would be for my nephew Grayson, who already owns a burgeoning collection of Lincoln Logs. Before I sent this box on to Independence, Missouri, I poured out its contents on my dining room table to inspect the building materials, which appeared mostly complete. (There might have been a few missing, but I couldn't quite tell.)


And, of course, I had to put together these little  buildings myself!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Love it! They were a favorite with me when I was a kid, and I always wish I had more. Your nephew is a lucky boy.

    Lurky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lincoln logs at approx age five which would have been 1974. Wish I still had them! Hours of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin