Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Find: A Summer Post from the Past




I wrote this post a while back and decided to share it with you again since its from one of my favorite locations featured in The Find.

There's something irresistible about the simplicity of a beach cottage -- one practically under-decorated with finishes that have faded under the sun's constant caress and textures speckled and splotched by the salty air's kiss.

Since winter's chill is on the way, I thought I'd share a couple of the  heartwarming images that I photographed on the Fire Island community of Saltaire while doing research for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.

Mary-Ellen Weinrib, a home stylist who has spent her summers on Saltaire for more than 20 year, took me on a tour of her home and I snapped away inspiration that I haven't shown anyone until now -- a framed poppy canvas casually leaned on the mantle of a weathered fireplace, an intimate view through a painted screen door into a crisp-white guest room, or even the lovely, washed-out family photographs that accentuate the setting of a brilliant sun porch.


Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. We have all types of brands and shopping products for sale for our business store with reasonable price online. Shopping Disney Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfume Collections We have all collections of perfumes with latest brands and cheap price.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin