Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Frugal Fun: Paris Sidetracked


As you may know, one of my favorite places in the world is Paris. I've been fortunate to spend many wonderful visits there, and I can honestly say I've never found myself bored -- even once when I was there during  a national strike that closed all the museums for my entire stay.

But it's images like the one above that always reminds me of why Paris holds a special place among my dearest memories. Where else would a teeny, tiny electrics shop -- big enough for only a Vespa inside -- with its wares so marvelously displayed in it vitrine?


I discovered the Provençal restaurant Chez Janou, which prides itself in offering more than 80 types of Pastis. Here's a shrine to that region's drink of choice.


My visit included several museums and a dash through the Christmas market near Place de la Concorde where I took in the view of the spectacular Ferris wheel.


We also stopped at l'Artisan Fleuriste, a gem of a flower shop on rue Vieille du Temple in the Marais that advertises its far-from-typical florals on a vintage Citroën Ami 8.


Just a few steps away, Brit menswear brand Fred Perry had extra-large nutcrackers on show to crack some very large nuts.


And back on boulevard Beaumarchais, a lit-up star was displayed on a wall covered with Brooklyn Tins tile wallpaper at the gracious shop of wonders,  Merci .

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Stan,
    What a wonderful time you must have had!!! It makes the dreamer in me want to take flight right now. One day I hope to have such luck. Have a great day, you made mine. – gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, Art everywhere in everything.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin