Thursday, November 1, 2012

In the Dark: Looking to the Light


Since 8:30 p.m. on Monday, my apartment has been without electricity.

Thanks to the evil and nasty Sandy who blew into town on my birthday,  all of Downtown south of the Empire State Building is without power.

That said, I have little to complain about. Wicked Sandy caused no destruction to my home or my property. I have an office that I can walk to where there is electricity and Internet, even though it is an hour-long hike. And the weather has been beautiful, making the treks Uptown have been quite pleasant, except that at night it's pitch black once you pass the Empire State Building heading down Fifth Avenue.

Here's the view from Union Square last night. Even though the power outage has been annoying, there's no heat in my seventh floor apartment, and I don't dare open the fridge, I feel extremely fortunate.

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read that you are well-it has been shocking to see how Sandy has hit the Big Apple and New Jersey. As an former tri-state area girl, I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the news. Funny how we are reminded to be grateful for small favors and to count our blessings when bad times hit. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin