Monday, October 29, 2012

The Object of My Desire: Things to Crow About


The best thing about having people over is that I get to use all the thrifted goodies I've collected over the years. Pictured here and filled with fresh figs is a ceramic carrot I picked up for $1 at Film Biz Recycling, a white porcelain plates a neighbor gave us when she moved away, a stack of yellow napkins I snapped up at a garage sale in Independence, Missouri and a Japan-made, rooster-themed serving platter from the 1970s that Veli picked up at a Jersey Shore church rummage sale for $2.50. All I can say on this stormy, Sandy-obsessed day is cock-a-doodle-doo!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. As I belatedly read this post and your next, I can't help but think who knew what devastation was to follow in the coming days. So many lives affected! I can't imagine downtown Manhattan in complete darkness (I lived and worked in NYC for many years). Hope all is returning to normal for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin