Monday, September 17, 2012

The Object of My Desire: Something to Crow About


I am not exaggerating when I say that every time I stop by the Vintage Thrift Shop in New York, I have to control my own tendencies of becoming a Thriftzilla -- someone who becomes so enamored by the variety, quality and prices of goods in a thrift store that he or she gobbles up everything in sight, leaving nothing for the next customer.

That's why I always shop with a camera so that when my inner Thriftzilla starts to creep out and nab a sweet find, like this poultry pair, I snap a picture instead. Would these ceramic sweethearts have looked adorable in my hutch filled with kitschy goodies? Absolutely. But am I just as happy to have my cheery photo and post it on my blog, leaving the cute couple for the next lucky shopper?  Of course.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thifter

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I wish I weren't a west coaster because these babies would LOVE to live in my kitchen. So sad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin