Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Frugal Fun: Treasure Hunting at Home



I do a lot of thrift and vintage shopping, but as you may have realized, I do very little actual purchasing, because if I did, you'd see me in a starring role on Hoarders. Being that I live in a New York apartment -- generously sized by Manhattan standards, but still far from a sprawling living space --- when I bring an acquisition into my home, I must immediately find a spot for it stash it away with my other collected treasures.

When I acquired this Mid Century dining room this past summer, I had in mind to inaugurate it with this cheery table cloth I nabbed at the Santa Monica airport flea market back in March. But where was it? I often put things away in places I am certain to remember them, but when the time comes to put them into use, you guessed it, I can't find them!

It was more than a month after my dining room was in place when I opened my closet door and right before me hung this tablecloth on a hanger especially chosen to keep it handy for use. Mystery solved!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet table cloth! I try to use vintage linens in our home as well. Along with tablecloths, runners and napkins I also love a sweet floral flat sheet worn soft with age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vintage tablecloths are my favorite finds! Not only are they useful but you can change the mood of a table instantly. This one was in never-used condition!

      Delete
  2. Wow! The tablecloth is really elegant. Some popular places to buy vintage clothing include charity-run second hand clothing shops, car boot sales, flea markets, antique markets, estate sales, auctions, vintage clothing shops and vintage fashion, textile or collectables fairs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin