Monday, August 20, 2012

The Object of My Desire: Arch Support



While taking my new Canon camera out for a spin Saturday night, I captured this image of the underside of the arch in Washington Square Park. Every time I walk through it, I'm taken back to my days at the University of Bordeaux in the south of France where the major hub -- Place de la Victoire -- was also graced with a dramatic arch in its Porte d'Aquitaine.

Then, of course, there's the grand Arc de Triomphe in Paris, where the view from its top is stunning. Since you're closer to the ground than from atop la Tour Eiffel,  you get a bird's eye view of Paris that to me is one of the most memorable I've ever seen.


À tout à l'heure!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pic!

    Just posted about my very recent trip to Paris with a similar pic of l'Arc de Triomphe. I now wished I had gone up, but the amount of stairs to climb and the long line up were too daunting! It's only as we were leaving that we noticed the elevator. Oh well, next time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin