Friday, August 17, 2012

The Gift of Thrift: Fluttery Fun


Sometimes picking a theme when assembling The Gift of Thrift can make offerings look as if they were made for each other. Take, for instance, this sweet and frilly birthday card from the 1960s (garage sale, 15 cents) that went a bit over the top with its poof of yellow feathers. I selected it from my collection of vintage greeting cards for a friend who has impeccable taste and knows how to celebrate to the nth degree of fun.


From there, I went to my vintage trunk where I retrieved this vintage set of made-in-Japan, Alfred E. Knobler trays ($1, thrift store)  that echo the established fluttery theme.


Finally, for a light-hearted twirl, I added this needlepoint ice skater ($1, stoop sale), that to me, seemed to belong in the mix with its yellow accents and fanciful theme. 

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin