Friday, August 3, 2012

The Gift of Thrift: Bless You!


Every time I go to a garage sale, I always have my periphery set to discover the Gift of Thrift -- one that's almost heaven-sent and couldn't be found even if you were aggressively seeking it out. My thrift karma must have been extra-fine the day I spied these monogrammed handkerchiefs for $1 at an Independence, Missouri, garage sale.

They were still in their original packaging, with remnants of a Montgomery Ward price tag on their box. But what really caught my eye was the embroidered "E" that corresponds with the last name of a childhood friend whose birthday was creeping up.


At the same garage sale, I bought a bag full of birthday cards for another $1, and my birthday present was complete. Once I got home, I found a black grosgrain ribbon, wrapped it around my thrifted goodies and my Gift of Thrift was ready for the mail.

Mr. E, if you're reading this, you realize I spent a whole $2 on your birthday gift.

Bless you, and gezundheit!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Ik vond dit bericht useful.I probeerde dit te vinden. Echt verfrissend nemen op de informatie. Heel erg bedankt
    http://www.inuwtuin.nl/buitenverlichting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, I'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin