Friday, June 22, 2012

The Gift of Thrift: Kid's Play


I love toys, especially those that remind me of my childhood. While this Fisher-Price Discovery Map is from 1987 -- more like the year I graduated from the University than my kindergarten days -- it was made in the United States, which is a rarity these days. Spotted on the front steps of a home in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, this relic of the past was picked up for a few dollars and offered it to my nephew for Christmas last year. On each state is a tiny hole that when peered into with an attached magnifying glass, viewers will discover all kinds of facts, such as its capital or a noteworthy landmark. 


On my most recent tour of the Town Wide Garage sale on the Jersey Shore, I couldn't help myself from snapping up more toys for next to nothing, among them this vintage Fisher-Price Buzzy Bee....




and a Buddy Bullfrog.

I think I may hold onto them them as a gift to myself. Rrrrribbit!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter 


2 comments:

  1. Love love love the frog and bee. You really do need to keep them for yourself Stan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. Now you can use this suppliers directory india directory to promote kids toys import & export business.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin