Friday, June 8, 2012

The Gift of Thrift: A Flea Market Favorite


My most treasured gifts are the ones that the giver has taken the time to scour a flea market, peruse a garage sale or sift through a thrift store just to find something for me. But when that discovery comes from one of my favorite shopping spots -- the flea market in Britanski Trg in Zagreb, Croatia -- then it's extra-special-plus-super-dooper! Recently, a friend from Zagreb came for a visit bearing gifts from that flea market -- a cheerful metal cherub candle holder and an Old English Staffordshire bowl and dish. What a perfect gift of thrift!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. I covet that cherub...
    Lurky

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get something scoured from afar. I love that bowl and saucer. It would be cute with a plant but also excellent for a huge spot of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great posting It’s exactly what I was looking for. I like your article.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin