Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reuse & Repurpose: Sheer Beauty



The best thing about window shopping is that it costs nothing, and I can always fill my camera with images I'll own forever. While on my "shopping" sprees, I always make it a point to pass by the The Flatiron Building in New York City to see what public arts projects might be on display there. Right now, Hu Bing's installation, "Shattered Debris, Sheer Transformation," created with found objects, resin, latex, light and re-shaped bottles, is on display. I could spend hours looking at this other-worldly display, imagining where the glistening fragments came from or how a bottle was transformed. A real glass act!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter




1 comment:

  1. Yes! How WERE those bottles transformed??????

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin