Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reuse & Repurpose: Adventurous Decorating


How often do you go to a garage sale or flea market and find boxes upon boxes of National Geographics? While I know the magazine is fantastic and that there many people who love to collect them, I just can't imagine what I'd do with years worth of them -- until I saw this idea from De La Torre Design Studio at Housing Works Design on a Dime event: turn them into a decorative focal point by showcasing their yellow bindings in architectural combinations. (I also get a kick out of the gigantic beach ball hung from the ceiling as a festive accessory!)

Here's a smart use of a colorful, mundane objects for decorating,  and if you're looking for an adventurous read, it's right there on the shelf.


Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifteb

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin