Friday, April 13, 2012

The Gift of Thrift: Spring Specials

Photograph by Stan Williams
When it comes to offering a gift certificate in a memorable fashion, I always reach to my cache of vintage goodies for one-of-a-kind wrap. This time when I looked into my trunk of treasures, I spotted this white vintage leather handbag made for Saks Fifth Avenue in the 1960s and this cheery blue and white scarf -- both perfect for creating what I like to call a Hooch Bag. Along with the gift certificate, I filled up my springy gal with a ton of funny money and a few nips of booze, all tied up in a feminine bow for a special birthday gift that transformed into a real looker!


Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. So very clever! What a lucky woman to receive that gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was truly a stunning gift!!!1

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin