Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reuse & Repurpose: A Big Blow Out


How many times have you had your hair dryer burn out on you? When I had hair a while back, it seemed like I was tossing one every few months. Yes, it's hard to believer that I owned a head of super-curly, thick hair that I used to try with all my might to straighten out with the help of products and lots of hot air -- and maybe a curling wand. By the time  I hit 30, my hair had had quite enough of that nonsense and started fighting back...by falling out.

The other day I was reminded of all those hairdryers I choked when I looked in the window of the Revolver Salon in SoHo. Painted gold and transformed into a clever chandelier, these styling tools gained a whole new life as a glamorous piece of lighting.

Now can you imagine if you plugged all those devices in and turned them all on at once? You just might trip a fuse or get completely blown out the door!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter



2 comments:

  1. Marc Montano sent me. I love this piece!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin