Monday, February 6, 2012

The Object of My Desire: Snack Time!



When I'm rummaging through boxes at an estate sale or gazing over tables heaped with merchandise in somebody's yard, my eye is always magnetized to items that remind me of my childhood or my home town.  That's why I had to have these relics of the past bundled bundled with a bunch of promotional pencils and labeled $1. Guy's potato chips  are made by a snack food company of the same name that has been in business since 1938. And while I don't remember it selling nuts or "Cheez Stix," its slogan is forever embedded in my memory: "Don't Forget the GUY'S." 

And I haven't!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. Love those pencils for the graphics & the fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guy's BBQ chips are still the very best! Shara in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice and so colourful post that is thanks for sharing that interesting stuff.

    Anabolic Steroids

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin