Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Frugal Fun: Estate Sale Take


While I'm usually extra careful with my cash when it comes to estate sale shopping, sometimes I see items so good that I can't help myself. The damage? A whole $38!

Half of it went to a framed photograph, which I couldn't resist since all the dapper young men in the image were gathered underneath a sign that says, "Girls." Go figure!

Toss in two issues of TV Guide from the '60s, an unused box of playing cards, a tin full of pencils,(underneath the magazines), a pair of cuff links and a tie clip engraved with the letter "F" and a tiny needlepoint of a horse and buggy, and it all adds up.

Some of my treasures will become gifts; others are headed to my walls. Either way, this side-trip was one of the highlights of my trip to Los Angeles, leaving with me with warm souvenirs for many years to come.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. You were in my neck of the woods! Great finds. I would have sprung for that excellent photo as well. I'm sure there's a great story behind it, but as we don't know, you'll have to make something up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin