Friday, December 23, 2011

The Gift of Thrift: It's a Wrap!

Photo by Stan Williams
For me, the most fun I have giving a gift is trying to find memorial ways to package my offerings. That's why throughout the year, no matter where I may have traveled, I always keep my eyes open for ribbons and trims with which I can personalize my presents. Here is a bunch of ribbons I bought at a garage sale in Independence, Missouri. I think I paid less than $5 for all of them.

Photo by Stan Williams

 I am also always on the lookout for gorgeous, decorative tins to contain my gifted sweets. I think I paid $1 for this at Goodwill. 


Photo by Stan Williams

Sometimes you come upon a container that's so special that it almost becomes the gift itself. Take this antique, wooden log cabin found in a vintage shop, for example. All I did was place the gift inside, wrap it up with one of my thrifted bows, and it became a standout under the Christmas tree.

Photo by Stan Williams

 During the holidays, I'm always invited to all kinds of parties. As you may know, I love to offer a friendly pineapple upside-down plate on arrival, so I always seek out an original platter that fits the recipients personality and offer it along with the baked treat. That way they can keep the serving dish and I never have to worry about retrieving it!

Photo by Stan Williams

And then there's the sparkly, vintage handbag -- perfect for tarting up, dropping in a gift certificate along with other goodies and closing it with a colorful ladies scarf.

Hope your holidays are filled with many memorable moments shared with family and friends!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. All great ideas, but I especially like the vintage scarf/purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the way you package...such an inspiration. How was Christmas, love?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin