Thursday, November 24, 2011

Reuse & Repurpose: A Sweet Thanksgiving

Photograph by Stan Williams
The best thing about Thanksgiving is being able to use all my thrifted serving dishes. Yesterday, I shared the 75-cent turkey platter I found at a church rummage sale that is now holding a country ham. For my pumpkin caramel cheesecake, I picked another $1 platter, this one from a garage sale in New Jersey.

This pretty yellow Pyrex dish is making its Thanksgiving debut -- at least with my cooking in it -- holding an old-fashioned cornbread dressing. It, too, was found at a New Jersey garage sale for about $5, but I think it looks like a million (vintage) bucks!

Photograph by Stan Williams
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your family and friends.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin