Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Frugal Fun: Paper Kisses


When I was asked by Swarovski to recreate the decorative elements of a 1962 prom for its Spring/Summer 2012 editor meetings, I immediately enlisted the endlessly talents of Michael Quinn to help me execute this vintage affair.

It took hours of planning, thrift shopping and crafting -- all the things I adore doing, especially with Michael, who always has a few surprises up his sleeve. At one of our impromptu crafting sessions just days before our looming installation, I worked on the floor of Michael's Brooklyn kitchen covering books with colorful paper to serve as vintage yearbooks as Michael nonchalantly folded paper and applied hot glue at his dining table, which is a repurposed green door. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was creating until I realized they were paper corsages and boutonnieres for our imagined party people.


Here are the dazzling results -- paper flowers on vintage dresses. Don't you love the pink paper lips that complement the handmade theme of our Swarovski Prom?

Pucker up! XOXO

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,




The Elegant Thrifter


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin