Thursday, November 3, 2011

Frugal Fun: Flying High

Photograph by Stan Williams
If you happen to be a vendor at a flea market, one thing that will catch my eye is if you have taken the time to humorously display your wares. The moment I walked up to this table, its proprietress had plopped this tiny Christmas into this glass vessel, drawing my attention to the nearby Hazel Atlas flying pheasant piece of barware that reminded me of one my aunt and uncle had many years ago. I was also amused by the plastic fruit in the dish and the blue tassel, but it was the pitcher I was after.  For the bargain price of $1, it flew right into the shopping bag of goodies I had already acquired that day.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. $1? Gosh that's a good find! Those glass 1950's pitchers are the perfect size for a frozen can of orange juice! Okay, not as stylish as fresh squeezed but darn convenient.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin