Friday, October 28, 2011

The Gift of Thrift: Frugal Friends

As many of you may know, I'm in the midst of re-creating a 1960s prom scenario for Swarovski's editors presentations. So what's a pretty, frilly prom without pink cocktail napkins to go with the vintage punch bowl I found at a local thrift store? You'd think cocktail napkins would be a simple find, but no.  All I uncovered were large dinner napkins in unsavory hues no matter where I looked.

Thank goodness for creative friends like LeAnn Stephenson, The Vintage Laundress, in Austin, Texas. Even though she was on her way to Kansas City with her daughter to check out the Kansas City Art Institute, she took time out of her day to pack up all the pink cocktails napkins in her possession and shipped them overnight to me.

That's proves much more than The Gift of Thrift --- It's The Gift of Friendship.

Happy Friday!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter


3 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see how this turns out! I always adore your parties and set ups Stan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mick! Yours are enviable as well! Stan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have done the same for me - I know it! I, too, can't wait to see the end result - I know it will be elegant and fabous, just like you!
    Xo, LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin