Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Frugal Fun: Thrift Trance



There's no scene more appealing to me than a table heaped with goodies, stretching the length of a driveway. Without exaggeration, we must have hit 20 sales over the course of two days at last weekend's Town-Wide Yard Sale in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, so you imagine the deep thrift trance I found myself in. Here are just a few of my treasures:


For $5, a box full of J & G Meakin English china. Actually, I didn't buy it, but coerced my pal Michael Quinn to cough up for it.


For $10, this gorgeous set of Mid-Century porcelain. 8 plates, teapot, serving dish, gravy boat, and more! I about passed out. Even though there are no markings, it's a beautiful set that seems to have never been used. 


One lovely lady, a retired school teacher, wanted me to make my own $5 box of vintage Christmas goodies and threw in these two, salmon-colored pots marked U.S.A. 41. Of course, I couldn't refuse.


Hidden in the bottom of this $5 treasure chest were these two volumes of Better Homes & Gardens Christmas Ideas from 1955 and 1956. "268 gay decorations you can make...." How could I resist?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter




3 comments:

  1. Ooh a town-wide sale would be a dream come true for me!!! Love all your finds, especially the white service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! Seriously...between the two of us, we need to thrift together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT FINDS STAN :) I FOUND A FEW THE PAST 2 WEEKS ALSO, STOP ON OVER & DROOL LOL GIO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin