Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reuse & Purpose: In Excellent Taste

My favorite discoveries are the ones made on streets I walk each and every day. I've watched this space on Great Jones Street go from a work site to a set of doors covered with mysterious paper. And finally coverings came off to reveal this stunning use of reuse and repurpose in a restaurant design.

Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria on Great Jones, a relative of Il Buco on Bond Street, is set to open any day, offering an array of Italian delights. But it was this light fixture captured my gaze the moment I stepped through the front door. Made of an eclectic mix of items -- heavy chains, glass bottles, wheels, cast iron fixtures and more-- this hanging, glimmering structure was created for maximum shine and optimal texture.

Even the main dining room makes great use of repurposed materials throughout, including this brick wall that was left just as it was when the space was home to a lumber yard.

I wonder what would happen if I ordered a 2 x 4!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin