Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Frugal Fun: Mix it Up!

A friend sent me this image of a mixer his grandmother once owned. It reminds me of the one my grandmother once used to mix up all kinds of delights in her bare-boned kitchen that never housed a food processor or a microwave oven. As much as technology has advanced in the world of cooking, I'm sure this sturdy, vintage stationary mixer works just as well today as it did some 50 years ago.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I have the exact same one! I got it 24 years ago as a wedding gift. It is the sturdiest thing, I keep waiting for it to die so I can finally get one of those lovely KitchenAids in a funky colour, but it just keeps going and going!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin