Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reuse & Purpose: Why, Thank You!

When it comes to wrapping gifts or sending out cards or letters, I always try to use what I have on hand. I enjoy the challenge more than running to the store and plunking down several dollars for a card that may not exactly convey the message I wish to express. When it came time back in May to send thank you notes for Veli's V-themed birthday celebration, I rummaged through my assorted pieces of paper and and looked to my jug of glitter for inspiration in sending sentiments in Veli's Croatian mother tongue.

I found a font I liked, enlarged it and then made a stencil for my letters. I cut out the letters "h" and "l" on a slightly naughty piece of newsprint I saved from a MoMA exhibit.

For the letters "a," I repurposed gift wrap saved from Veli's birthday celebration.

Finally, it was time for the glitter, which was reserved for the giant "V" that was to be the focal point of a card made from folded paper stock. I then glued on the rest of the letters on to say....

Thank you in Croatian!

Always Frugal Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Looks so nice! Amazing what can be done with some re-purposed materials, very thrifty and green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Stan. Love the touch of glitter. Hope you are safe and dry this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin