Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reuse & Purpose: Take a Chill Pill

I always go thrifting with an open mind and sometimes purchase items that I have no idea how I'll eventually use -- such as these vintage freezer boxes I picked up for a few cents at a flea market a while back. I bought them because of their cheery, retro designs, toted them home and stashed them away in a trunk that holds all my other vintage treasures awaiting their unique purpose. The right time for these boxes came a few years ago when I had a small gathering and wanted to offer a parting gift. I remembered those containers packed away with ribbons that came from the same flea market, filled them with assorted candies, tied them up in a bow and offered a sweet treat to my guests on their departure.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Love those! Cool idea to use them for favor boxes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin