Thursday, August 11, 2011

Reuse & Purpose: A Little Yarn



Don't throw out that old, mismatched yarn!

If you're Karin Weiner, whose Lion's Share pop-up shop in Red Hook Brooklyn, lured me in with a mannequin in a pickup truck holding a sign promising all kinds of vintage treasures, you'll use these knitting staples to weave up a crafty look in lawn chairs. Karin said that rather than re-strapping with the typical materials, she and her boyfriend went to thrift stores, bought up all the old yarn they could find, and used it "re-weave" this sunny, summer must-have!

Go visit Karin for just few more Saturdays and Sundays on Van Brunt and King, from noon to 7 p.m. And tell her The Elegant Thrifter sent you!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter


3 comments:

  1. I'd never seen that before! I don't know how waterproof it is, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a knitter it may stretch to much, unless it is, I dare say, acrylic yarn. I could see this done in loom woven, scarves for indoor rooms. Simply adore the book,The Find. I has been my life's passion as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin