Friday, August 5, 2011

The Gift of Thrift: Lofty Pursuits

It was at a SoHo loft sale recently that I found this Norman Rockwell book to offer my sister and her husband for their anniversary. This book, which was in its seventh printing in 1972, caught my attention because it reminded me of one we had as a kid, and it was $5. I wrapped it in some paper I happened to have on hand and tied it up in ribbon that I bought with my sister at an estate sale and shipped it off to Independence, Missouri, as a surprise "Gift of Thrift."

Happy Friday!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. One of the reasons I love thrifting is that I can find something unique for my friends and family. My daughter adores Dunkin' Donuts. We have many stores in Maine, but not so many where she lives now. I found an vintage cup just the other day and today, found a much bigger, more modern mug for her. I know she'll love them and I spent a total of $1.50. But, as you know, it isn't the price tag, it's the personalized aspect of what I found. (The vintage cup is so tiny by comparison to what constitutes a cup of coffee today.) I found a wooden llama wall hanging this spring for a friend, again, just a dollar or two. Those gifts make me so happy, because they show that I am thinking of my friends all the time and know what they like. It's my cheap high.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin