Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Frugal Fun: Cheesebooga, Cheesebooga, Cheesebooga


While driving on Route 35 through Wall, N.J., how could I not stop when I spied this sign for the Circus Drive-In? If the grinning clown over the neon sign weren't enough, it was the message below that sent me over the top: "Cheesebooga, Cheessebooga, Cheesebooga," and PETSI NO COKE. (Pet zee no Coke???? OK, I won't.)


It's a slice of Americana on the side of the highway, one that's promised family fun since 1954.


Even before ordering lunch, Ron and I are checking out what to have for dessert.


Veli opted for a creamy concoction dropped on a fudge brownie called a Circus Car.

And Ron chose a vanilla cone swirled in orange creamsicle.

I, on the other hand, happily settled for a Bear Hug.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

6 comments:

  1. Hello Stan,
    What a fun place. We love to take road trips and stop at unique little places along the way. Thanks for the tip we will be heading up that way soon. Make it a Great Day!
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It's always been my dream to open a place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my childhood haunts! I'm so happy it's still there.

    Lurky

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER FUN!! That sign is great!!
    Hugs
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that place looks fab!! You bet that we would have stopped too! Great kitchiness!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin