Monday, July 18, 2011

The Object of My Desire: Bonjour Paris

As many of you know, if I could dash off for a leisurely getaway to anywhere in the world at a moment's notice, it would be Paris, a locale that never loses its intrigue for me. Having attended university in France several years ago, I used to go to Paris at least once a year to visit friends or to traipse around town seeing film and viewing art exhibits. Or just wandering -- truly with no destination in mind.

That's why when I ran across this expanded map of Paris for 50 cents at a loft sale in SoHo, I picked it up. It's not particularly old; the Centre Pompidou that was built in the 1970s is marked. But it pre-dates the Euro, since someone handed over 145 French francs to purchase it. Inside was a ticket for the bus, and on a blank page some restaurant addresses. And for the few pennies that I rendered for this little book, I'll be able to use it for my next trip -- or at least for an afternoon of daydreaming.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. i love it! are you going to keep it as is or maybe frame pages of it? it reminds me of my london A-Z that i used when i lived there in '96.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin