Monday, June 20, 2011

The Object of My Desire: In a Day's Work

Here's a version of a favorite posts from a couple of years ago:

If you've followed me for a while, you know Dolly Parton ranks at the top of my list of favorite celebrities. So a few years back while thrift shopping in Waxhaw, North Carolina, I can't believe I had my peripheral vision turned off and didn't spy this behind-the-scenes print from the movie classic, 9 to 5. All youthful and starry eyed, Dolly is surrounded by her co-stars Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda. What's more, it's signed!

Thanks to Veli's eagle eye, he bought it for a couple of bucks, sneaked it back to New York and offered it as a Christmas gift. It now hangs in a place of honor on the steps leading into my living room.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. She was at a local book signing some 12 years ago. Very petite, alarmingly so.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin