Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Friday! Relics from the '80s

Having grown up in the Midwest, there was a time in the 1980s when every single band toured through Kansas City, Missouri, and even hit the college town of Columbiawhere I went to Journalism School. And yes, I saw my share of Go-Gos concerts back in the day and bought t-shirts and pins to remember them.

You can imagine how excited I was when we photographed Go-Go Jane Wiedlin's LA pad for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.

Aside from the records and the music, here's what remains of my Go-Go's memorabilia: two pins I bought in a record shop -- you know, a real store where they sell music on vinyl discs -- and a 1984 "Prime Time" tour T-shirt.

Oh yeah, I was there! Happy Friday!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Not a group I have heard of, but, for me, 'go go' is a 60s expression. Like the Soho club I used to dance at ' The Whisky a Go Go". We also used to wear white 'go go' boots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin