Friday, June 24, 2011

The Gift of Thrift: Tiki Treasure

Even though I've been at it for many years, I'm always amazed at how the perfect gifts just seem to pop up magically at garage sales. Take for instance this funny-faced candle holder.

Last Saturday, photographer Bob Greenspan and his wife Amy invited me over to their mid-century home in Overland Park, Kansas, for a tiki-themed gathering. (I featured his dining room here earlier this week.) That morning, I hit a garage sale or two or 20 in Independence, Missouri, where I met this little man staring up at me from the bottom of a box filled with hunting knives and Dungeon & Dragons paraphernalia. And he was 25 cents -- the right price for an absolutely appropriate Gift of Thrift.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. Seriously cool and perfectly summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love him! Perfect gift of thrift for a price that can't be beat, and I love how our friends just don't care if we spent pocket change or not- special gifts are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and love that Kansas City connection. :) Love love love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin