Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Frugal Fun: Shell-o!

Sometimes the path between objects and memories makes its way via a series of summersaults and backbends before reaching what may often be seen as an unexpected connection. Take for instance this lovely dish of seashells spotted at a friend's house on the Jersey Shore:

Did you ever watch the short-lived, 1970s Saturday-morning TV series Sigmund and the Sea Monsters?

It ran for only two seasons, but I think my sister and I watched every one of its 29 episodes. I don't remember much about the story line other it centered around a red-headed boy who had befriended a bunch of people dressed up like sea monsters. But the one thing I do recall from the show was a "Shell-ephone. " And whenever it rang, the sea monster answered it with a "Shell-o!"

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. Love the story! and your blog! Now I am going to have to find that TV series.
    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell-o! I just loaded Season 1 in my Netflix Queue! I'm going to have some giggly little boys at my house in a couple of days! Thanks for bringing this back to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shells are very pretty. Never heard of that show, will have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Now Sigmund the Seamonster and Johnny and Scott are friends
    Finest of friends that there ever could be in the land or on the sea . . . "

    Yeah, I might have watched it a time or two. :)

    Long live the Krofft brothers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin