Monday, May 16, 2011

The Object of My Desire: Cock-A-Doodle-Doo!


The other day I hit a vintage street fair in Manhattan that even though bustling with activity, seemed a little ho-hum and over-priced until I came upon a tray emblazoned with this crowing gent. Upon viewing him, I was reminded of being a kid and visiting my grandmother who lived in southern Missouri. And just like on almost any farm anywhere in the world, her rooster crowed at the crack of dawn with a voice that echoed over the hills, alerting the world that the day had begun. I left this proud man where I found him but took his photo to start the week with a cheerful burst of energy.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous design and colors here. I think "proud" is the perfect description for the stance of this rooster!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin