Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Find: I'm a Harlem Honey

I've been called lots of things other than "The Elegant Thrifter." Once someone said I was "The Elegant Sifter." That made sense because of all the treasures I sift through at garage sales and flea markets. In many instances like that, you could call also call me "The Elegant Lifter." And then the other day, someone tried to send me a message on Twitter, but I never received it because she called me "The Elefant Thrifter." And then once, in print, I was referred to as "The Elegant Grifter." Sounds menacing....

But Paper magazine called me a Harlem Honey in its Twitter Gangs of New York, and I was honored to be photographed by Douglas Adesko for its pages with my other gang members, (from left) Amanda Diva, culture critic and artist; Emil Wilbekin, managing editor of Essence.com; Ian Drew, senior editor of Us Weekly; and Bevy Smith, social media maven, BFF and leader of the pack.

Read the whole story here at Papermag.com.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Add another, The Elegant Regifter. LOL I think you are fabulous and the photo shoot looks like too much fun. Keep up the great work inspiring us all to dig a little deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I was named mostly likely to succeed in 1994......does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin