Monday, April 4, 2011

Th Object of My Desire: Mixed Messages

If there's one thing at a garage sale or a flea market that can capture my attention for hours, it's a tempting pile of postcards or an enchanting plate filled with old greeting cards just begging for my attention. I can literally spend hours sorting through every card, picking out examples that hold special significance, either reminding me of someone to whom I might owe a note or possibly a favorite destination.

While I enjoy looking over the messages that written on these cards' reverse sides, I only buy those that have not been used so I can add my own note, affix a stamp and pop it into the mailbox for a heartfelt, vintage surprise.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite estate sale finds was a huge bag of vintage kitten themed post cards - all unused! I'm pretty sure my family has gotten tired of them, but it still cracks me up every time I drop one in the mailbox :)
    chelsea @ http://estatesales.org

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin