Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Frugal Fun: Thrifty Thrift Shopping

I may do a lot of thrift shopping, but unless I'm looking for something specific, I actually buy very little and take home most of my memories in photographs.

This kissing Dutch couple on the street in front of Yesterday's News in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, were awfully cute, reminding me of all the lawn ornaments my sister and I admired as a kids. With the exception of a bird bath, our own yard was fairly minimalist, and any decoration was left to all the plants and flowers that populated the outdoor space.

So I left this springy duo right where I saw them, since I couldn't imagine where in my New York apartment I would put them. And can you imagine watching me haul them home on the subway?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. Didn't get very far, imagining that scene, because I started laughing. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin