Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Frugal Fun: Round and Round



Lately, I've been doing a lot of baking for spring gatherings and taking my creations on thrifted platters that I can offer as a gift to the host or hostess. But on a recent stop into Goodwill on my hunt for an appropriate serving option, I was distracted by this wooden lazy susan. I mean, how could I not be with a price tag of $3.

It needs a little TLC, but here it is sitting atop my Gene Meyer rug in the living room. I imagine it's from the 1960s, but can find nothing about the brand, "Rocky Woodenware, Los Angeles, California" that's marked on the label affixed to this piece's green-felt-covered base.

It needs a bit of TLC on its surface but will ready to take a spin at my next festive get-together!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter


3 comments:

  1. I've seen this brand a few times out here in Los Angeles thrift shops. I'm on the hunt for a wood serving bowl so I'll definitely let you know if I find anything more on the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it isn't the normal round and how the unique shape adds so much character to it. Enjoy your lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin