Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Frugal Fun: Goodwill Goodness

When I need a quick pick-me-up, a five-minute dash through a thrift store usually does the trick. I hardly ever buy, since the objects on display never fail to lift my spirits. On this occasion, however, I did buy when I ran across this marvelous Eva Zeisel serving dish in a Kansas City Goodwill. In perfect condition, I paid a whopping $5 for this ensemble. It's safely tucked away at my parents house in Independence, Missouri, and will fly back to New York with me some day in the near future.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. What a great find! Thrift stores are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is fabulous.

    I'm trying to learn more about fine makers for when I start my resale business. I'm starting college in the fall and since I'll be in one of the oldest American cities, I figure reselling would be a sensible solution for getting some much needed funds. Do you have any recommendations on how to learn more about fine makers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrift stores. I just purchased a perfect torchiere that came out of a local funeral home. It will be placed at the head of a white damask fainting couch. My $5. investment for the day. And tomorrow's payday. No telling what I will find tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piece! Love thrifting! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin