Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Find: Hometown Ink

I love a good garage sale....one with tables heaped with goodies and surprises bursting forth every where you turn. I've been known to do U-turns in traffic to inspect signs posted on phone poles promising multi-family garage sales packed with treasures.

So I had a lot to say when my hometown newspaper, The Independence Examiner, called on me to talk about garage sale etiquette. Read all about it here. As you know, I not only possess the Gift of Thrift, but also the Gift of Gab!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

5 comments:

  1. I love a good sale myself. I can almost tell how good the sale is going to be by the looks of the sign... can you say clairvoyant?
    Chic Modern Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts. I thought of another one - though I don't think it's very common: Don't stare at potential customers. I have been to a few sales where the people having the sale watch you constantly and don't talk, as if their concern is that you are going to steal something or they are very anxious for a sale. I usually leave these sales as it's very uncomfortable and you don't feel like you can browse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I'm off to check out the article now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jil, that's funny! Maybe it's a tactic people use when they really can't bear to part with their possessions!

    Van, as always, thanks for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stan,
    I'm Cheri from www.thediyclub.com and www.itssoverycheri.com. I am friends with Amy from WhisperWood Cottage. We are doing your book give-a-way at the DIY Club today. I came over to get a link and photo and saw this post.
    We are originally from Lee's Summit, Mo and my husband graduated from Blue Springs. What a small world. Seeing the Midwest houses makes me miss the Midwest even more.
    Your newest follower,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin