Monday, March 7, 2011

The Object of My Desire: Fresh Finds

A few years ago when we were packing up Ruth Handel and Johanna Went's garages sale that Bob Greenspan photographed for The Find, Ruth urged me to pick an item from the leftovers to take home. Of course, like a crow, I was attracted to the most colorful, kitschiest object that nabbed my eye -- a strawberry-shaped chip and dip bowl made in California by Poppy Trail. This cheery piece of pottery always brightens my day and reminds me that my favorite time of year -- garage sale season -- is on its way!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thriter

5 comments:

  1. Oh I like that. Reminds me that summer is not too far away. Even with 40 degree weather and fierce wind Saturday there was one yard sale. Yaaaaaah. I was in yardsale heaven. Snowed last night so it will probably be a while before we see any more sales. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be on its way but this year it seems to be taking a longer route.
    What a great piece to remind you of happy hunting days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need some bright and cheerful colors once in a while ~ you chose a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOH that is most lovely.. just imagine fresh strawberries in that bowl with some gooey, drippy something good in the dip part... Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! But then again, I'm always drawn to the most kitschy options... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin