Friday, March 4, 2011

The Gift of Thrift: The Eyes Have It

I believe that maintaing good thrift karma, along with having a little patience, always pays off. So I'm rarely surprised when I'm out thrifting and always seem to find items that are perfect for my best friends.

Take this this "Eyes of Laura Mars" soundtrack album I found for $1 at the Brass Armadillo Antique Mall just outside of Kansas City. Not days before I discovered it, my pal Bevy Smith shared with me her fascination with this fashion fantasy, murder mystery from 1979. And sure enough as I'm strolling the aisles of this thrift emporium (Photographer Bob Greenspan and I hit every aisle. It took about five hours in total), I see these iconic eyes staring up at me, marked $1, just just begging for me to pick them up and bring back to Bevy.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when the universe does that? This is a great story and shoes it can be about the gift. #winning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is essential for thrifting! I've managed to assemble a perfect tux for my teen's prom, all on different trips (lucky); and I'm collecting Gail Pittman pottery every trip... one piece at a time. My 18yr old will have some seriously nice china when he moves out.
    I agree with above commenter-- love when the universe plops something in your lap!
    LOVE THIS BLOG!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin